I’ve created a WordPress plugin for the styled blockquote featured in this post. To use:
- Upload the zip file by logging into your WP admin and clicking on Plugins->Add New
- Click on Upload
- After installation is complete click on “Activate”
To use the plugin, put the following code wherever you want the blockquote to display:
- the_image_url.jpg is the complete URL of the image you’ve already uploaded to WP
- the title is the name of the book or publication.
- the_source.html is the URL of where the quote came from (can be left blank).
- The Author is (strangely enough) the author or originator of the quote.
- The Quotation Body is the actual quote
And this is what you get:
The Quotation Body
Download Plugin: bp_custom_block_quotes
Thanks to CoDrops, from whom the original CSS came.
/* <![CDATA[ */
nRelate.domain = “www.sophrosynelife.com”;
var entity_decoded_nr_mp_url = jQuery(”).html(“http://api.nrelate.com/mpw_wp/0.51.4/?tag=nrelate_popular&domain=www.sophrosynelife.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sophrosynelife.com%2F2013%2F02%2Fcustom-block-quote-plugin%2F&nr_div_number=2&maxageposts=5256000&increment=0”).text();
/* ]]> */