BP Expire Category
BP Expire Category allows users to add a category and expiration date to any Post. Once the date is reached, the category is removed from the Post. The Post remains intact, as does the category itself, however they are no longer associated.
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit ‘Plugins->Add New’
- Search for ‘BP Expire Category’
- Activate BP Expire Category from your Plugins page
- Download BP Expire Category
- Extract the folder ‘bp-expire-category’ to your desktop
- Upload the folder ‘bp-expire-category’ to your ‘/wp-content/plugins’ directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc…)
- Activate BP Expire Category from your Plugins page.
Go to a edit Post page. Look for a box on the right called ‘Expire Category’. From the select box, choose a category and then choose a date and time with the datepicker.
The category will expire when the expiration date is equal to or older than the current date. The expiration function runs when your WordPress installation is accessed. If you don’t get many visits, or want to ensure that your scripts are running, you will need to set up a cron job. Check out this article for more information.
0.5 – Initial Release